Tenth Life Volunteer Waiver
By entering into this foster partnership with Tenth Life Cat Rescue, I agree to the following terms and policies:
- I am at least 21 years of age and will be the primary caregiver for the Foster Cat(s).
- I have received the Tenth Life Foster Manual and will retain a copy for future reference.
Pet’s Health and Disposition
Tenth Life Cat Rescue cannot guarantee the health or disposition of any foster animal. I understand that I am fully responsible for the safety and well being of my Foster Cat(s). Additionally, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will provide a safe, loving, humane indoor environment for my Foster Cat(s), who are not allowed outdoors under any circumstances.
- I will provide fresh litter, nutritional food, fresh water, and grooming (if necessary).
- I confirm that all of my resident pets are now, and will remain, current on all vaccinations and that I am in compliance with all state and local animal laws.
- I will give my Foster Cat(s) affection, attention, and playtime.
- I understand that Tenth Life requests all Foster Cat(s) to remain isolated from my personal pets for the duration of my fostering period. If I choose to integrate my Tenth Life Foster Cat(s) with my own pets, I assume all risk and responsibility associated with doing so, including the cost of any health care needed by my own pets.
- I agree to administer medication & provide physical therapy (if applicable) as requested.
- I agree to take my foster cat(s) to routine veterinary appointments as needed.
- I agree to monitor the health of my foster cat(s) and to notify Tenth Life and/or the vet if any issue occurs and to transport the cat to veterinary appointments as needed.
- I acknowledge that all veterinary appointments must be pre-approved by Tenth Life and may only be conducted at Tenth Life-approved clinics (see Contact Guidelines). I also acknowledge that Tenth Life pays all vet bills for approved procedures at approved clinics only and that any veterinary care administered by clinics other than these two, or without consent of the organization, will not be reimbursed by Tenth Life.
- I acknowledge that Foster Cat(s) may not be altered in any way, including but not limited to: declawing, cropping of ears, bobbing of tail, dewclaw removal, etc.
- I will promptly notify Tenth Life immediately of any of the following: any signs of illness, behavioral issues or concerns, an inability to continue to foster, if the pet becomes lost, and/or if the pet bites someone.
Reasonable Adoption Efforts
Typically, people must see a cat in order to fall in love. Tenth Life hosts adoption events at local businesses several times per month to give cats the best possible chance at getting adopted. The goal is to help a Foster Cat(s) find his/her permanent home. To this end I understand and agree to the following:
- I agree to actively pursue an adoptive home for the foster cat(s) in my care by attending at least one (1) Tenth Life adoption event per month. I understand that I may also take further steps to help my Foster Cat(s) find a home, such as: sharing on facebook, twitter, craigslist or elsewhere, emailing/calling family and friends, etc.
- I understand that all potential adopters must be screened and approved by Tenth Life.
- I understand that Tenth Life agrees to list adoptable cats on www.tenthlifecats.org, www.petfinder.com, and www.adoptapet.com. However, I agree to make a reasonable effort to meet with one of Tenth Life’s volunteer professional photographers or to provide clear, focused, uncluttered, and attractive photos of my foster cats which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short bio describing the cat’s temperament.
- I agree to allow potential adopters to visit with the Foster Cat(s) upon reasonable notice and request.
Transfer and Keeping of Animals
Fostering is temporary; however, Tenth Life requests that you keep your Foster Cat until s/he is adopted. To this end I understand and agree to the following:
- I will not transfer Foster Cat(s) to the custody of another person, household, shelter, humane society, SPCA, or other entity, temporarily or permanently, without written authorization from Tenth Life Cat Rescue.
- If the Foster Cat(s) in may care is/are lost or stolen, I will immediately notify Tenth Life via telephone and email and will make a reasonable effort to locate the Foster Cat(s).
- If an adoption has not occurred and I wish to discontinue fostering, I understand that I am required to return all Foster Cats to Tenth Life Cat Rescue pursuant to the policies and procedures for doing so.
- I understand that alternate placement may not be available and I agree to value and respect this contract, honoring my commitment if admission is approved based upon my offer to foster.
Return of Animals
All pets in Tenth Life’s foster program are Tenth Life “residents” and must be returned within 24 hours upon request. I, the undersigned, understand that I am temporarily fostering this pet for Tenth Life and that I have no right of ownership of any foster animal. I understand that a $75 donation to the organization is requested for each Foster Cat not returned to Tenth Life in order to help cover the costs incurred while the cat was in Tenth Life’s care.
Personal or Property Damage and/or Injury
I understand that accidental animal bites or other injuries to humans and other animals may occur. I agree that Tenth Life cannot be held responsible for any damages which the Foster Cat(s) may inflict upon any person or animal while in Foster Care, nor is Tenth Life responsible if the animal shall transfer any disease, internal or external parasites, or other ailment to other animals and people. Furthermore, Tenth Life is not responsible for any damage or destruction of property of any kind. I agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend Tenth Life in regards to any and all claims or suits filed by any party as a result of such incident.
Accuracy of Information
By signing below, I acknowledge that the information provided on this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. If, at any time, the information I have provided changes, I will provide the updated information to the Tenth Life Foster Care Program.
I understand that if I am approved for fostering, this declaration represents a legal contract between me, as the Foster Parent, and Tenth Life Cat Rescue. I understand that if I am approved to foster an animal, I must abide by this agreement and that this agreement applies, in perpetuity, to any and all animals that I foster with Tenth Life.
If Tenth Life Cat Rescue believes that the Foster Parent has violated any conditions of the Foster Agreement, the Foster Parent shall, upon request of Tenth Life Cat Rescue, immediately return the cat to Tenth Life Cat Rescue.
In consideration of the temporary transfer of guardianship of the Tenth Life Cat Rescue (“Tenth Life”) cat described herein (“Foster Cat”), I, the undersigned (“Foster”) hereby acknowledge the terms and policies set forth above. I agree to assume responsibility in accordance with these terms and to comply with all Tenth Life Cat Rescue policies and procedures.